Covers - 1.8 and 2.0 TFSI (Generation 3)
The vehicle's engine warning light is displayed, due to possible issues with temperature gauge fluctuating between 60 and 110°C and/or, the heater not getting hot enough.
Possible faults in the engine:
- P2181 - Fault in cooling system
- P00B7 - Engine cooling not adequate
- P0116 - Coolant temp sensor 62 implausible signal
- P0652 - Sensor reference voltage 'B' circuit low
Electronic thermostat fault or leaking of coolant into the sensor.
The electronic thermostat fails, which can sometimes lead to a coolant leak through the electrical connector.
- Remove the electrical connector of the thermostat and inspect.
- If coolant is found, replace the electronic thermostat and repair wiring carefully if required. (The electronic thermostat is on the back of the water pump which is under the inlet manifold).