Covers - Renault Clio 4 (2012 - 2017)
The ‘check oil pressure’ warning light is showing on the instrument panel cluster.
- DTC 156013 engine oil pressure regulation solenoid valve.
There is an oil pressure regulation valve internal electrical fault.
- Scan the engine ECU using a diagnostic tool and check for the above fault code.
- Check the oil level is correct.
- Carry out an oil pressure check, and compare results to latest manufacturer’s repair information.
- Disconnect the oil pressure regulation valve, and check the resistance across the 2 terminals on the valve
- Resistance = 23.4 ohms at 25 degrees Celsius.
- Connect a 21 watt bulb across the wiring on the engine side and in engine ECU - activations activate “piloted oil pump”.
- Ensure that the bulb glows brightly when the activation is run.
- If the pressure check, resistance check and activation test are all correct then consider replacement of the oil pressure regulation valve (This comes separate to the oil pump).