A customer may report a concern that the front overhead console lights turn on and off unexpectedly.
Corrosion and excess electrical grease causing unexpected inputs to interior lights.
- Remove the interior light.
- Remove the black plastic cover and release the main circuit board.
- Remove all electrical grease from the connectors using the wipe supplied in the kit.
- Install the 3 sleeves to the electrical connectors:
- The rubber sleeves must be approximately 2-3mm from the bottom of the electrical connector.
- Refit the circuit board and cover.
- Refit the interior light and check operation of the lamp.
Parts required - C2D38636 Kit - Carbon Contact Pad Service