Non-start / no crank / steering column locked message is displayed on the instrument cluster.
The steering column lock has failed.
- Edit the vehicle configuration option with Autologic.
- Go to steering column lock live data, if it reads undefined, edit the CCF to say lock fitted, then this change needs to be confirmed.
- If the vehicle still does not start, check the wiring. Remove the lower steering column cover to gain access to the steering column lock and the 4 pin connector.
- Check the wiring as follows:
- Pin 2 green and orange wire. Should pulse 12v when the key is inserted into the starter control unit.
- Pin 3 black and violet wire. Is ground.
- Pin 4 grey and blue wire. Is the LIN communication wire and will normally have 7 to 10 volts when operating. Using an oscilloscope will confirm signals are being sent.
5. If all wiring is correct, fit a new steering column lock. (This will require coding with Autologic)