Make/Model: Range Rover L322 (2002 – 2009)
Fault: Key remotes inoperable
Following a flat battery, or a battery replacement, it is possible that key remotes will no longer lock or unlock the vehicle. In this instance, re-initialising the remote will be required.
Here are the guidance steps provided from our master technicians that allow you to re-initialise the remote on a Range Rover L322 (2002 – 2009) after a flat battery.
To re-initialise the remote follow this procedure:
1. Sit in the driver’s seat. Ensure all of the doors are shut and unlocked
2. Insert a key into the ignition, turn to position 1, turn off and remove the key within 5 seconds.
**You must start the following steps within 30 seconds of removing the key**
3. Press and hold the unlock button on the remote.
4. Press the lock button 3 times. After the third press release both buttons simultaneously.
5. If successful the doors will lock and unlock.
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for additional keys.
On earlier models, pre 2007, the ABS warning light may be illuminated. This will be because the steering angle sensor requires initialising. This is done by starting the engine and turning the steering to a left and right hand lock and returning it to the centre.