This article and video shows the procedure for registering a new battery change (replacement) using Autologic's DrivePRO.
The function is used to notify the vehicle control module of a new battery for battery state of health (SOH) monitoring and charge efficiency.
1. Before beginning, be sure the battery being used is new.
2. Locate the scanner label on the battery and record the code
The code for the example in this video is TU1FG1D08C.
3. Have the part number ready also.
The part number for the example in this video is 999 612 060.
4. Begin by identifying the vehicle you are working on.
5. Select 'body'.
6. Select 'gateway'.
7. Select 'battery change'.
8. Read and understand the message.
9. Select 'next'.
10. Locate battery capacity select edit.
11. Enter amp hour of battery. In this example 60 is entered.
12. Select 'OK'.
13. Locate battery technology select 'edit'.
14. Enter the battery type by selecting the arrow.
15. In this example AGM is entered.
16. Select 'OK'.
17. Locate Scanner code select 'edit'.
18. Enter the code from the battery label.
In this example TU1FG1D08C is entered.
19. Select 'OK'.
20. Locate battery part number select 'edit'.
21. Enter the part number from the battery label.
In this example 999 612 060 in entered.