In this tutorial see how to check the engine oil level on Land Rover models via the driver information display (Instrument Panel Cluster). Also identified are the amounts of oil needed for each level of indication for when topping up.
- Make sure that the vehicle is left for 5 minutes from filling with oil, and that the engine oil level is reading at least minimum, before starting the engine.
- Make sure that the vehicle is parked on level ground.
- Make sure that the selector lever and the gearshift mechanism are in the park (P) position.
- Make sure that the bonnet is open.
- If the engine has been started, allow 10 minutes from the engine switch off for the engine oil level to stabilise.