Electronic parking brake replacing rear brake pads function not working
• S80 (2007)
• XC/V70 (2008)
• XC60 (2009+)
• S/V60 (2011+)
The parking brake module (PBM) service mode is malfunctioning.
- Place the ignition in position 2 (ignition ON). If the car is equipped with push-button start, hold the start button until the instrument cluster lights come on but do not press any pedals.
- With AssistPlus connected, go to: CHASSIS >> PARKING BRAKE MODULE (PBM) >> ACTIVATIONS AND SERVICE MODE >> SERVICE MODE-ACTIVATE
- Listen to the rear motors winding back pistons.
- Once they have stopped, you can replace the rear pads. Manually press the rear pistons into the calipers.
- Do not pump the brake pedal.
- After you have replaced the rear brake pads go to: SERVICE MODE EXIT. The motors will now self-adjust the rear brake pads.